Friday, February 19, 2010

Rules of Engagement: Rule #1...Keep it Classy

Ever get so tired of someone's crap that you wanna pull one of these....

Frustrated Conan


I came so close to this the other day that it is not even funny. I was ready to slap FIRE from this clown....seriously. This person was really trying to take me there!!! If it had not been for the hand of God on me, I would have definitely put my hands on them. But I held it together. I decided tho to create my own personal "Rules of Engagement"....for those of us that need a little reminder every now and then.


Rule #1: Keep it Classy.....

Never let ANYONE make you lose your cool at an inappropriate time or in an inappropriate place. Be aware of your surroundings and always act or react within the appropriate lines of those surroundings. Understand that the only reason some people say what they say or do what they do is to get a negative reaction out of you. If you give it to them...YOU HAVE FAILED and failure is not an option.

I don't care how low they hit or how loud they talk. You MUST keep your cool. The easiest thing in the world is to flip out....but DON'T! Remember: People are always watching and your character is on the line here. Never say or do anything that would call your character into question. I don't care how loud they get, if you are in a public place...do NOT...I repeat...do NOT engage in a ranting war with them. Keep your composure and make THEM look like the idiots they are.

If you must say SOMETHING...and trust me, I know that sometimes you MUST.... Be witty...not loud and use fact, not opinion. That way, no one can say that what you said wasn't true and your character stays in tact.

No comments:

Post a Comment