Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Ball State Shuffle



"What is the Ball State Shuffle", u ask? It's the one thing they don't tell you about in orientation. It's something that every student has had to do periodically during their attendance at BSU. It's when you find yourself shuffling from building to building to fix, what seems like, a simple problem. It's the perfect recipe for frustration.

Let me tell you a story....

Earlier this week, my homeboy and I were meeting up on campus at 7:30am, before my 1st class, to work out. Sounds like a good idea, right? WRONG!!!! The thing is, construction is being done on the building. So, the work out room had been moved. Do you think there was a sign to tell us where it had been moved to? Absolutely not. So after we walked the building for 15 minutes, we ran into an old professor of mine who looked liked she had just got done working out. So we asked her where the room was. She proceeded to say "down the stairs and to the right". Well, apparently, she meant "down the stairs and to the left".....yeah....took us another 10 minutes to figure that out.

We finally get into the workout room and give the attendant our ID's to swipe. Homeboy's went through just fine. Mine, on the other hand, got declined. So the attendant chic sent me to the office of the facility manager. I walked all the way over there to find, of course, the door is locked. She's NOWHERE to be found. So, I walked BACK to the attendant chic, who then, decided to page her. So, I'm sitting there, waiting to find out what the problem is. Ten minutes later, she finally decided to show up and said that since I've been away from BSU for over a year. I needed to have my old ID recoded upon re-enrollment so that it would work in the facility...



LoL...That was the EXACT look on my face, because I'm thinking....Why didn't anyone tell me that the day they got me re-enrolled?! I could have handled that WEEKS ago!!! She then told me that I could get it recoded in the building right across the street. So I get over to LaFollet and, of course, they have NO IDEA what I'm talking about and said that I needed to go over to the registrar's office...which is clear across campus...

Baby Side Eye


So, I decide to call first, just to make sure I wouldn't be wasting a trip. The chic at the registrar's office answers the phone and the conversation goes a little something like this....
Me:I just got re-enrolled this semester. I'm having some problems using my ID in the workout facility and I was told that my ID needed to be recoded. Is this where I come to have that taken care of
Her: Recoded? Who told you that? I don't understand. It should work if you're re-enrolled. Are you registered for classes?
Me: It's not working. Yes, I'm registered for classes. The facility manager said it needs to be recoded.
Her: No, that's not right. It should be working.
Me: Well, it's NOT...
Her: It should be.
Me: Well...it's NOT. So what do I need to do?
Her: Bring it by the office so we can take a look at it.

Frustrated Conan


She wasted 5 minutes of my life telling me it should be working while I'm telling her it's not....JUST to end up telling me to walk all the way over there anyway. I got over there and guess what she had to do...RECODE IT! UGH

Needless to say, I had to wait until AFTER class to workout. I didn't have time to move my car out of 2hr parking, so you know what was on my car when I finally got back to it after class....



AIN'T THAT ABOUT A..................

JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL CUZ I'M GOING OFF THE ROAD!!!!!!!!
LoL...too done.

No comments:

Post a Comment