Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Untitled

To what lengths would you go to make it work with the one you love? Would you forgive the unforgivable?...Would u tolerate the intolerable?....Would stay when everything you were ever taught says "walk away"?
The older I get, the more I realize that if you love someone and really want to be with them, you're going to have to put in some work at some point. You can't just walk away when it gets a little rough...and even if you do, it won't matter because you're going to have to put work into the next one too. See, some people say that there's no such thing as a perfect relationship. I disagree. I think that a relationship can be perfect for the two people that are in it if they are willing to put the time and effort into making it work for both of them. The question is...how far are you willing to go in order to make that happen?
I've heard people say that the easiest thing in the world to do is to walk away. Again, I disagree. I think walking away from the person you love is one of the hardest things in the world to do. But I think we do it out of fear. We know that walking away will hurt, but were afraid that staying around and getting hurt will hurt worse. It's a self-defense mechanism...disengagment...the idea being that if I leave you alone, then you can't hurt me. It's fear and fear does not come from God. ("God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."~2 Timothy 1:7) It's paralyzing and if you allow it to govern your life it will definitely stop you from achieving your goals and definitely stop you from loving the way you need to love in order to have the relationship you want to have
I'm learning to not be governed by fear. I'm learning that the key to protecting yourself is to not trust my dude, but to trust that God will protect my heart if I love the way he loves...unrestricted, unconditional, and unrelenting.

Thats my word....and I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment