Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Change is good.

What's up, yall? I know it's been a while since I've blogged here regularly. I've been doing a lot of soul searching concerning my desire to have a career as a writer. In doing so, I've realized that some things need to change. This blog is one of those things. EM started off as a personal blog....it was intended to be a place for me to write about how the personal things in my life are affected by my walk with Christ. More and more, tho, I found it evolving into more of a platform for me to share thoughts, ideas, and messages given to me through my own devotion and personal time with the Lord. I'm not mad at this evolution at all. I do, however, feel the need now to allow this space to be that and only that. It's not a secret that I like music other than gospel and I like things that are not necessarily spiritually related. What I'm saying to you is that, from now on, you won't find those things here. It's not that I think these are bad things or I feel bad for liking them, it just comes down to me, as a writer, realizing that I have more than one audience and I won't be able to satisfy them all in one place.

So, to my people that love to read my devotions and spiritual/religious topics, this is now where you'll be able to find that without interruption. YAY!!!!!

And, to my people that love to read my randomness, you can catch that at http://essentiallymik.tumblr.com. YAY!!!

And, to my people that love to read it all, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!....check me out at both places.

I want to thank all of you that take the time to read what I write. It means a lot to me. In the next weeks, you'll see this blog begin to look a little different. It'll be more contoured to the needs of its audience. Know that this expansion just means that I'm growing as a writer and that my brand is becoming more diverse. Change is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment